In Resolution 2020-37, the Pierce County Council appointed Mayor Josh Penner to the Pierce County Veterans Advisory Board. In addition to this board, Mayor Penner also serves on the Pierce County Aging & Disability Resources Advisory Board.
Mayor Penner has a long history of working with Veterans in Pierce County and across the Pacific Northwest region.
In addition to serving in the Marine Corps himself & to co-founding the Pacific Northwest Veterans Coalition (PNW Vets), Mayor Penner has an extensive history of service and service to Veterans.
- Co-Chairing the King County Veterans Consortium
- Authoring – Welcome Home: Veterans Benefits Guide
- Developing curricula in Veterans resources & trauma
- Developing Military Sexual Trauma Curriculum for Service Providers
- Developing and Delivering Veterans Crisis Intervention Curricula for law enforcement professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest (CIT)
- Developing Strategic Plans for Veterans support in higher education
- Jake’s Fund (raising $500k for terminally ill Veteran, Jacob Waggoner)
- and much more.